Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trip to Köln, Germany

Our friend's Tracy and Miuccia (her daughter) are making a move from Stuttgart to Köln, Germany in the next couple of months, and we gave them a hand getting their new place set up. Tracy is an American who has been in Germany for about 20 years. Köln is about a 4 hour drive, located in Northwest Germany. There is an amazing cathedral there, which Tina and I visited about 11 years ago. We made the trip two weeks in a row to help out and have a nice weekend away.

Köln is a very neat town with a nice atmosphere. Notice in some pictures I am installing a kitchen. This is standard practive in Germany - people move their kitchens with them or sell them to the next tenant.

The apartment is a very cool loft-type place, and is on the 5th floor, which was lots of fun going up and down - which makes me feel glad that we only live on the 3rd floor in our new place!!

Köln cathedral: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_Cathedral




































2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow! What a cool loft! I want to live there...but could do without the 5 flights of spiral stairs! You guys are good friends to help them move two weekends in a row!
Erica

Kathy said...

That place looks great, and very scary from the balcony looking down! I think that's even scarrier than having a pool, because you can't teach your kids to fall. =) By the way, GREAT job with the posting Time!!